A few interesting links about Photography, Technology, Social Media, and Gadgets that I’ve come across recently. Some are smart, some are funny, and some are just plain dumb, but they are all interesting for one reason or another. Have a look and let me know what you think:
- Preview of Lens Correction Solution for Camera Raw 6 and Lightroom 3 – Lightroom Journal
One of the loudest cries from photographers about the earlier releases of Lightroom was that it didn't include any form of lens distortion correction. This could be done using a plugin, such as PTLens, or by round tripping to Photoshop, but it will now be included in Lightroom 3. Let the rejoicing begin!
- Lens Profile Creator is a free utility that enables the easy creation of lens profiles for use in the Adobe Photoshop® family of products
So now that lens distortion CAN be corrected in Lightroom, we need lens profiles to tell the software HOW to do so. For many lenses those profiles will be readily available, but for others there may be delays before they are available. Fortunately Adobe has produced another tool to allow you to create your own profiles.
- How to Properly Hold Your Camera « Photofocus
There are some good tips here for how to hold your camera. Most of us that have been shooting for awhile take most of these things for granted, but even the most experienced may find a nugget or two in this list.
- 7 More Tips for Extremely Wide Angles
Some really great tips on how to get better images when using really wide angle lenses.
- The Online Photographer: Quick Review: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
A short review of the Camera Connection Kit available for use with the Apple iPad.
- 5D MK2 vs 1D MK4 High ISO & LR3 new noise Process compare.
A couple of example images showing the ability of Lightroom 3 to remove noise from really high ISO images.
- Ten Things Still Photographers Need to Know About Video « Journeys of a Hybrid
Shooting video on a DSLR is hard. Really hard. Here are a few things to help you start learning.
- AJC Software Products, Directory compare, file synchronize, file diff
AJC Directory Synchronizer is a great way to backup all your photos and other important files. Schedule backups to a spare HDD, across your home network, or even to an FTP site.
- What Should You Use to Sign Photo Prints and Books With?
Some great suggestions on what to use to sign your printed images when you're selling them or giving them away.